What is a Network Rail Principal
The Principal Contractor Licensing Scheme Standard forms part of Network Rail’s assurance regime for organisations undertaking work on Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
Network Rail mandates that all organisations discharging Principal Contractor duties, where Network Rail is the Client, shall demonstrate compliance to the PCL standard.
What are the pre-qualifying requirements to become a Network Rail Principal Contractor?
- You will be verified and qualified by RISQS as meeting the following modules; Industry Minimum Requirements, Sentinel and Safe Work Planning.
- You will be externally certified against the following internationally recognised standards; ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System) & ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System).
How can Harcon Solutions support you?
- We can support the development and implementation of the Network Rail Principal Contractors Licence; providing bespoke systems, processes and operating procedures that are written to comply with current Network Rail industry standards and tailored speciﬁcally to the operations of your organisation.
- We have demonstrable experience and capability. As Chartered members of IOSH, we are suitably qualified to undertake the role of Professional Head of Safety within your organisation.
- We offer unbiased and independent onsite audits and assurance checking against the requirements of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations and Networks Rails Principal Contractor Licensing Standard. The service we provide includes the production of a detailed and comprehensive site report that is delivered within an agreed timescale.
- We can also assist in the development and review of your Project Risk Registers, Activity based Risk Assessments, Construction Phase Plans, Work Package Plans, Task Brieﬁng Sheets.
Learn more about our expertise
If you would like to learn more about how we can support you to deliver against the requirements Network Rails Principal License please get in touch with us today.